28.2.14

STENCILED T-SHIRTS

I really love this one.



This sweatshirt is my favorite (and makes you cooler by association), the quote I found on pinterest



I actually started making this back in December as Christmas presents and have since made 5 (+) more. I digress.

the point is that :
a) your're friends will be jealous
b) it's cheap
c) it's really, really easy





you need :
1. a t-shirt, sweatshirt or something to paint on
2. fabric paint (mine are Martha Stewart metallic) and a stencil brush
3. cardboard
4.  freezer paper and a print-out of your quote/picture
5. knife !

go !

Clearly I have a slight addiction to pinterest




print it ! and make sure it's black and white.  i like the fonts on dafont because they're pretty and free.

Tape a piece of freezer paper shiny-side down on top of your words.  Only cut out the negative space (the black part)
separate the papers and place the freezer paper where you want it (sticky side down) on your shirt and iron it in place
Use the stencil brush to paint in the letters, moving the brush up and down with only a little paint at a time, not left to right
Let it dry completely before tearing off the freezer paper