13.2.14

RASPBERRY CHOCOLATE COBBLERS

Today was a Good One.




Good Ones are hard for me.  But when the music is old and the food is good, I remember which reality I'm in and I stay.  And all I can think is happy. Just happy.  (The 60s and 70s LA Rock Scene radio on iTunes is really wonderful)



I didn't know that there was music after 1978 until I discovered the Disney Channel in the 3rd grade.  Before that all I knew were Mary Chaplin Carpendar, the Eagles, Hal Ketchum, Simon and Garfunkel and an insane amount of Beatles.  I still know all the words to Big Yellow Taxi.



I learned to Texas Waltz to Mrs. Robinson


And He Thinks He'll Keep Her was basically my anthem as a child.



These are 100% inspired by Annie's Eats. I just un-sugar/grain-ed them. 


The biscuits are adapted from these by Izi from Top With Cinnamon. And they are made from flax, which I am in desperate need of (don't ask). Just make like she does (I used sweet potato) and dump it all onto the counter.  Which is covered in coconut flour.  Then shape and cut for biscuits.



For the cobbler, just smash raspberries with honey. It's the bomb diggity.  You could also do blackberries but I was riding the V-Day wave. Yep.



I actually do not celebrate this holiday based on it bring the epitome of American-hallmark-consumerism.  But you might. So here you go:

Make like Izi, then dump onto a coconut flour covered surface
Press into 3/4 (just made that up) inch thick rectangle-like shape and cut out 6 (?) biscuits 
Muddle together raspberries and honey to taste
Divide raspberries into jars, top with a biscuit and bake at 350*F for 20 or so minutes